BE ADVISED - THE FOLLOWING TERMS WILL BE FAIRLY AND EVENLY ENFORCED WITHOUT CONSIDERATION OF POLITICAL AFFILIATION, CELEBRITY STATUS, PERCEIVED PRIVILEGE, RACE, CREED, COLOR, GENDER, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, HAT SIZE, CHEVY OR FORD, PIRATE OR NINJA, FLAT OR ROUND, OR ANY OTHER MANIFESTATION OF TRIBALISM. THIS IS A VIRTUAL PUBLIC SQUARE AND EVERYONE IS WELCOME. IF YOU WOULDN'T DO IT IN PUBLIC, DON'T DO IT HERE. HOLD YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR OWN BEHAVIOR AND WE PROMISE TO DO THE SAME.
Free speech is a fundamental human right which is absolutely necessary for the survival of a free society. No one should feel compelled into silence out of fear of censorship. There will be no censorship here. By using this platform, you are willingly exposing yourself to information, ideas, and behavior you may not agree with. Please DO NOT report people, posts, pages, groups, videos, songs, images, or blogs simply because you disagree with their otherwise legal content. You are encouraged to express your own ideas and opinions in response, or simply ignore them altogether.
Please DO report criminal activity to us and the appropriate legal authorities as warranted. Please also report the activity of terrorist organizations identified by the U.S. Department of State to us and the appropriate counter-terrorism authorities. We will cooperate with the relevant authorities in these cases, and we will comply with any lawful court order. If you have come here to commit crime of ANY type, we look forward to assisting with your incarceration. smileyface.
Simply put, this is a platform intended to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information for your benefit, and for the benefit of society as a whole. You have complete control over your own level of participation. You do not, however, have control over the participation of others. Please make every effort to engage others with civility and respect even if you disagree, because you never know; you may actually change some minds... but always know when to walk away.
HARASSMENT, HATE CRIMES, AND DEFINITIONS
These laws vary by state, therefore, as an example we refer to the laws of the State of Delaware:
75 Del. Laws, c. 271, § 1.;
§ 1304 Hate crimes; class A misdemeanor, class G felony, class F felony, class E felony, class D felony, class C felony, class B felony, class A felony.
(a) Any person who commits, or attempts to commit, any crime as defined by the laws of this State, and who intentionally:
(1) Commits said crime for the purpose of interfering with the victim's free exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege or immunity protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, or commits said crime because the victim has exercised or enjoyed said rights; or
(2) Selects the victim because of the victim's race, religion, color, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, shall be guilty of a hate crime. For purposes of this section, the term "sexual orientation" means heterosexuality, bisexuality, or homosexuality, and the term "gender identity" means a gender-related identity, appearance, expression or behavior of a person, regardless of the person's assigned sex at birth.
70 Del. Laws, c. 138, § 1; 70 Del. Laws, c. 186, § 1; 71 Del. Laws, c. 175, §§ 1, 2; 79 Del. Laws, c. 47, § 15.; §§ 1305 -1310. [Reserved.]
§ 1311 Harassment; class A misdemeanor.
(a) A person is guilty of harassment when, with intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person:
(1) That person insults, taunts or challenges another person or engages in any other course of alarming or distressing conduct which serves no legitimate purpose and is in a manner which the person knows is likely to provoke a violent or disorderly response or cause a reasonable person to suffer fear, alarm, or distress;
(2) Communicates with a person by telephone, telegraph, mail or any other form of written or electronic communication in a manner which the person knows is likely to cause annoyance or alarm including, but not limited to, intrastate telephone calls initiated by vendors for the purpose of selling goods or services;
(3) Knowingly permits any telephone under that person's control to be used for a purpose prohibited by this section;
(4) In the course of a telephone call that person uses obscene language or language suggesting that the recipient of the call engage with that person or another person in sexual relations of any sort, knowing that the person is thereby likely to cause annoyance or alarm to the recipient of the call; or
(5) Makes repeated or anonymous telephone calls to another person whether or not conversation ensues, knowing that person is thereby likely to cause annoyance or alarm.
(b) Harassment is a class A misdemeanor.
What does this all mean? In simple terms, please carefully consider these definitions before submitting a report. Abuse of the reporting system will recreate the same toxic environments from which we are attempting to provide respite. Falsely accusing someone of a crime in an attempt to silence them simply because you disagree with their ideology is, by definition, in itself a hate crime. That being said, know that we take all reports seriously, and if, upon conclusion of an investigation, we find the activity or content to be a violation of law, or upon the service of a court order, we will take appropriate action to include the following:
1. Notification of possible violation, and/or request to voluntarily remove the offending content.
2. Warning of continued violation and demand for removal of the offending content with impending consequences for noncompliance.
3. Notice of administrative or legal action including removal of content.
4. Immediate suspension or termination of the offending account and administrative removal of content.
5. Preservation of content to be provided as evidence to the appropriate authorities as directed by court order.
COPYRIGHT AND THE DIGITAL MILLENIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA)
By posting any content to Rabbl.com, you are certifying that you are the owner or authorized agent of said content. We respect the rights of artists, authors, and content creators to protect their works, and we will expeditiously comply with any copyright infringement reports or takedown notices. However, we cannot actively screen all the user generated content on Rabbl.com for copyright compliance. Therefore, if you are a copyright owner, or an authorized agent of a copyright owner, and you believe you have found your protected content posted on our site without authorization, you may send us a DMCA compliant takedown notice.
Before you submit a DMCA takedown notice:
1. Do your research on fair use and what constitutes a copyright violation here
2. Attempt to contact the suspected offender directly and request they remove the protected content willingly.
3. Consult your attorney.
4. Include the following information in your message:
- State whether you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the owner’s behalf
- A description of the copyrighted work, including the URL where the content is located
- Your contact details: Name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address
- A statement in “good faith” that the work is not authorized by the copyright owner
- A statement certifying that the information included in the notice is accurate
- Electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner (or authorized person)
Please be aware that by submitting a DMCA takedown notice you are initiating a legal process that is not to be taken lightly. Do not knowingly submit false reports or you may be subject to account termination and/or criminal and civil penalties.
If you do not agree with any of these terms, you must discontinue all use of Rabbl.com immediately. These terms may be updated at any time with or without notice to you. Please check back frequently for updates.